DeKalb County School District is the third largest school system in the state of Georgia, serving over 93,000 students, 15,500 employees, and 6,600 educators. Amid DeKalb Schools’ development of its 1:1 Initiative, the district received a grant through Sprint’s 1Million Project. Thrive was trusted to develop a brand identity and strategy to support the collaborative roll-out and technology overhaul.
DeKalb Schools – Branding & Digital
- Effectively branding the district’s $30 million technology overhaul with messaging and creative to appeal across its specific audiences.
- Ensuring continuity and consistency is supporting marketing and sponsorship materials distributed across the district.
- Increased visibility of the Information Technology Department and its leaders.
- Delivered a multi-phased strategic communications plan to increase visibility of the partnership and associated rollout.
- Developed the Digital Dreamers brand identity, tagline, and associated messaging (still in use today).
- Established a digital/social media presence for the DeKalb Schools Information Technology Department to close gaps in communication during program rollout and distribution, internally and externally.
With Thrive’s support, the District has been able to close the equity and access gap for its students, parents, and staff with over 75,000 devices deployed and 25,000 mobile hotspots.